Developing a Social Media Strategy is an important starting point for senior management, business development, marketing and customer services. A strategy puts social media in context. Building a social media strategy which integrates with your overall marketing and communications objectives will allow you to:
- Decide which social media platforms are suitable for your business
- Allocate resources for setting up the social media profiles
- Determine the process for the management of the social media accounts
- Map out the content requirements for social media communications
- Set objectives for each platform in terms of community engagement
- Put together a reporting and review schedule
How do we build a Social Media Strategy?
- We review your existing social media presence and compare it with those of your competitors. This provides a useful benchmark against which future social media activity can be measured. This social media audit and competitive review is a valuable starting point even if your business has no social media profiles.
- Having presented the social media audit, we discuss the main objectives for including social media activity into your marketing.
- We will concentrate on defining your target audiences and how they can be reached online.
- Online content is a combination of showcasing your own products and services with commentary on your industry.
- The frequency of communications will vary from platform to platform and part of the strategy will include how a content calendar will be drawn up.
- Social media management is time-consuming and requires the allocation of limited resources – time and money. We will consider the capacity you have in-house to manage your own social media communications versus outsourcing.
- We will determine any social media training needs your marketing and communications departments have.
- Social media marketing can become drowned in statistics. We will recommend the best measures to focus on, getting the balance right between meaningful numbers and overload.
- Finally, your Social Media Strategy document will be written, reviewed and finalised.
- As social media is a fast moving topic, we will keep you up-to-date with all the changes and make changes to your strategy at a regular review meeting.